4,720 Likes 64 Dislikes
Acceleration is key to allow you to reach your top speed faster. In football/soccer the races that happen during a match are often on average over shorter distances of 10-15 meters. Even if your top speed is faster than your opponent, if you don't have good acceleration, you may get beaten to the ball if they have better acceleration. With these simple drills, you can improve your acceleration and become quicker off the mark.
Full workout with sets and reps:
1. Forwards to backwards shuttles: 3 sets of 3 reps
2. Circle shuffles to acceleration: 3 sets of 3 reps
3. Kneeling jumps to 20 yard sprint: 3 sets of 5 reps
4. Single leg plant to 20 yard sprint: 3 sets of 6 reps (3 each leg)
5. Resistance cable forwards to backward shuttles 3 sets of 10 reps.
* If you don't have a resistance cable, do the same activity without the cable. Simply shuttle backwards and forward retrieving and returning the cone. 3 sets of 10 reps.
Song: John Kenza - Wicked [NCS Release]
Music provided by NoCopyrightSounds.
Video Link: https://youtu.be/oW3GwO3VCVo