23,534 Likes 5,854 Dislikes
All suspicionless checkpoints 100% illegal. We must refuse them. Read details about this stop here: http://callmegav.com/2014/03/congressional-candidate-refuses-checkpoint.
You can also get some tips for filming police and officials on this post: http://callmegav.com/2014/05/tips-from-for-filming-law-enforcement/
- Relax, sometimes we have to stand up to stay free. Now is the time
- You will be nervous. It takes courage to stand up to bully and it's not without any risk, but it's worth it.
- Do not answer citizenship questions. It's all about making you comply.
- If you wish to speak to them make eye contact and ask "Am I being detained - Am I free to go. You can banter if you want but you don't need to.
- DO NOT pull over to secondary. When you are in the road THEY are under pressure. If you pull over they can just ignore you and make you wait. They win.
- Talk to the camera. You can also talk to the camera and pretend they are not there. This throws them off and can also help you stay clear headed.
- You have the right to remain silent.
- Lock the doors, put it in park and wait. Keep the camera rolling.
There is a lie being spread that treating disrespectful behavior with open disdain is to disrespect authority -- In truth rebelling against the rule of unjust law in order to oppose tyranny and immorality is by action to show utmost respect for law, order and justice. It is and always has been the epitome of human courage.
Question and challenge government all the time -- Otherwise they will trample you every time. The idea that we must me patriotic of the State itself rather than the freedom we hold dear is a lie.
DETAILS ON THIS STOP:
We are being stopped at an in inland checkpoint near Alamogordo New Mexico. This is not a border crossing of ANY kind - http://twitter.com/gavinseim - http://seimstudios.com
I also posted the video to FB.. http://on.fb.me/10LJweX and Vimeo... http://vimeo.com/63508451 in case it gets removed from here.
I am traveling the US with my family on a three month road trip (http://bit.ly/Wu2Gq0). I value your freedom and mine and I've had enough of the tyranny - Maybe I'll run for Congress next year. I'm not joking, I am fed up.
We must stand for freedom, else we WILL lose it. More about this stop on our blog as well as alternate video sources... http://bit.ly/122V8O5
United States v. Martinez-Fuerte
Government surfs love to cite this one - In reality the 4th amendment of the US Constitution is supposed to protect us from stops like this. Here is what the court said.
"While the need to make routine checkpoint stops is great, the consequent intrusion on Fourth Amendment interests is quite limited. The stop does intrude to a limited extent on motorists' right to "free passage without interruption,"While the need to make routine checkpoint stops is great, the consequent intrusion on Fourth Amendment interests is quite limited. The stop does intrude to a limited extent on motorists' right to "free passage without interruption.." - United States v. Martinez-Fuerte, 428 US 543 - Supreme Court 1976
While the Supreme Court ignored the Constitution in regards to these checkpoints that does not mean we have to comply and certainly does not mean they can detain us without cause. In my option is was tant amount to treason as they admitted that this was a violation bit allowed it anyways.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin.
Free nations don't have arbitrary check points.