15,180 Likes 777 Dislikes
This warm up variation includes dynamic stretching, agility and sprint work. This can be utilized for players at any age and skill level.
Lay down a circle of cones, with a flag pole in the center.
1. Spread your players around the perimeter of the cones.
2. Jog "in & out" through the cones.
3. On the whistle players sprint to flag pole and back. Coach can shout "go" to see which players are tuned in. They only sprint on the whistle.
4. Zig Zag through the cones.
5. Rainbows over the cones, with sprints in out out of the circle.
6. Bunny Hops (two feet) and sprints.
7. High Kicks.
8. Trunk Twists and Jockey backwards.
9. Close the Gate (groin stretch)
10. Open the Gate (groin stretch)
11. Forward & Backwards through cones and sprints.
12. Back Kick stretch.
13. Sprint outs.
Add your own stretches and ideas to the warm up.